The topic at hand is the lack of updates of the documentation, that are IMHO long overdue. I don't want to talk about the sparse ("for advanced riggers and TDs only") documentation of new features, that's a topic for a different rant altogether...
I want to take one single page as an example... In the SDK documentation there seems to be no mention of the new feature that sees Python installed with the software (but I admit I could have missed it). However, when one looks at the "Issues with Python" chapter, the first page one is confronted with concerns installing Python ("Why Doesn’t the Python ActiveX Scripting Language Appear in the Preferences Dialog Box?") no one tells you, you could have had Python installed with the original SI2011 setup and the Softimage links on that page redirect to the Autodesk homepage. Basically they're sending unknowing newbees on an overcomplicated installation mission and give them the wrong urls to make the disinfo complete...
The continuous and unaltered existance of the "Why Doesn’t the Python ActiveX Scripting Language Appear in the Preferences Dialog Box?" is a mystery to me. This makes me wonder how many more outdated pages are hiding in the SI2011 documentation.
If any one of you knows some other part of the documentations that is in deperate need of updating, this might be a nice thread to post it in...
edit: I'm guessing SI2011 was code-named "Aprilia" otherwise the following sentence in the page "Understanding Softimage Custom Shaders" doesn't make much sense either:
As of vAprilia, Softimage now supports a lightweight mechanism for registering the parameters and associating the renderer(s)