Hi!
anybody have a problems with Ba_shaders, d3_shaders, wom_archlight and others? I use workgroup to instal addons, from my workgroup softimage 2010 work perfectly, SI 2011 instal addons in workgroup without errors, shaders visible in render tree and connectable to materials, but when I start render ERROR : PHEN 0.4 error 051011: shader not found
I try to instal in User category, and the same error! Half of shaders not work, and reinstal not help!
SI 2011 32b, win7
Help, please.
Softimage 2011 and shaders
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Softimage 2011 and shaders
Are you using a 32 bit Softimage by chance?
If so, there seems to be a chance in the naming convention used for the folder the shader dll's go into: originally it was "nt-x86", but apparently it got changed to "nt-x86-32". If so, renaming that folder/folders should do the trick...
(Can't test this though, as I am on a 64 bit SI2011)
;)
If so, there seems to be a chance in the naming convention used for the folder the shader dll's go into: originally it was "nt-x86", but apparently it got changed to "nt-x86-32". If so, renaming that folder/folders should do the trick...
(Can't test this though, as I am on a 64 bit SI2011)
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: Softimage 2011 and shaders
I don't think it depends on 32 bit, I had the same issues and more with 64 bit.
The basic tip from support is to create a addon with all your custom shaders, and reinstall them.
This will also solve the issue of getting wrong shaderpresets in the RT when D&D.
YMMV though.
Also, there are some shaders that will screw up your SI install, as some of them are distributed with old dll's that will interfere with the installed ones.
rob
The basic tip from support is to create a addon with all your custom shaders, and reinstall them.
This will also solve the issue of getting wrong shaderpresets in the RT when D&D.
YMMV though.
Also, there are some shaders that will screw up your SI install, as some of them are distributed with old dll's that will interfere with the installed ones.
rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
RoN43
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 09 Nov 2009, 17:32
Re: Softimage 2011 and shaders
Hirazi Blue Thanks a lot!!! most shader working with rename a dir nt-x86-32.
PS Ba_shaders still not working with renaming dir! I instal 32bit becouse think that most shaders not working with 64b. I was wrong, I has lagged behind a life, most shaders now support 64b.
PS Ba_shaders still not working with renaming dir! I instal 32bit becouse think that most shaders not working with 64b. I was wrong, I has lagged behind a life, most shaders now support 64b.
-
mnoorani
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 18 Jun 2011, 16:22