Hi guys,
I would like my ice particles that still flying to delet after 3 sec but not the ones on the floor.
Can someone help me to get the way to be done?
Thank you.
particles age
-
funky75
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 09:03
particles age
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: particles age
it's been a while, but I would say states?
So a new state that kill the flying particles but not the ones that collided with something?
could be wrong though, it has been a long time since I last looked at ICE
So a new state that kill the flying particles but not the ones that collided with something?
could be wrong though, it has been a long time since I last looked at ICE
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
funky75
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 09:03
Re: particles age
For me it's been so long too..
I could do all till the states or condition.. i'm a little lost with how to detect flying particles..
I could do all till the states or condition.. i'm a little lost with how to detect flying particles..
-
tarkovsky
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 18:02
Re: particles age
I haven't seen your scene, but what about a condition: IF pointposition > Y=0.02 THEN delete particle after 3 seconds?
-
funky75
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 09:03
Re: particles age
Hi tarkovsky,
yes it should be something like this... But I can't get something to work...
yes it should be something like this... But I can't get something to work...
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: particles age
Hey!
Well, as you use the stick to surface node, you can just use the "isStuck" value to seperate particle from each other.
See attached file
Does that help? hope so...
cheers,
oli
Well, as you use the stick to surface node, you can just use the "isStuck" value to seperate particle from each other.
See attached file
cheers,
oli
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
funky
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 07:47
Re: particles age
Hi Oli,
I Will check tomorrow at work.
Thank you for your help
I Will check tomorrow at work.
Thank you for your help
-
funky75
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 09:03
Re: particles age
excellent!!! thank u very much Oli
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: particles age
You are welcome, glad I was able to help 
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de