Hi.
version 2018 finally convinced me to buy Zbrush and try some sculpting and I was wondering what are currently the best ways to retopologize meshes. I would love to use FESretopo directly in Softimage, but it's not working anymore. So, do you use Zbrush retopology tools, or maybe 3d coat, topogun? I can't use Maya (can't afford to throw away money) so I'm looking for some specialized and cheaper app i guess. I was thinking topogun, but it seems like the latest version is from 2012? uff
Retopology tools
-
milanvasek
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 10:12
- Location: Czech Republic
-
jonmoore
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 30 Jul 2016, 16:18
Re: Retopology tools
3d-Coat would be my first thought. Not only does it have great retopo tools, it's UV tools are ace too and it's a good all round toolset with plenty of free online tutorials.
It has an unrestricted $99 Indie version as well as a $379 pro version.
https://3dcoat.com/home/
It has an unrestricted $99 Indie version as well as a $379 pro version.
https://3dcoat.com/home/
-
milanvasek
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 10:12
- Location: Czech Republic
Re: Retopology tools
thank you. it really seems like the best option