Bit of a strange one, some of my basic building block ice compounds are missing - anyone know how I could get them back, have a lot of plugin installs and don't really want to completely re-install if I can help it. Missing get data, switch context... that I know of so far.
Edit - soft 2015 sp2 r2, windows 10 pro
missing basic ice compounds
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: missing basic ice compounds
I have this happen occasionally, try hitting the refresh button in the toolbar on top of the compounds tree. If this didn't help, I'm out of ideas too.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
mattmos
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59
Re: missing basic ice compounds
You're a legend! Worked a treat.
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: missing basic ice compounds
Hehe! Glad it helpd 
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
jonmoore
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 30 Jul 2016, 16:18
Re: missing basic ice compounds
I've been getting this too. In a strange way, it's comforting to know that it's a common affliction. It's easy enough to hit refresh so it's never bothered me too much. The concern is more a nagging doubt of 'is this the beginning of something more serious? 
-
mattmos
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59
Re: missing basic ice compounds
built in obsolescence - they'll gradually remove ice nodes until you can't build a tree any longer 
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: missing basic ice compounds
Don't give software companies any ideas ! 
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
jonmoore
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 30 Jul 2016, 16:18
Re: missing basic ice compounds
Well, now that AI is the current cg trend I'm sure many problems will be blamed on errant behaviours from the likes of 'Marvin the paranoid algorithm' that decide that suicide is the only way forward! 