Naming multiple objects

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
Grubber
Posts: 165
Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 19:11
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Naming multiple objects

Post by Grubber » 01 Apr 2018, 20:35

Hello all,

I think this was answered before, I just cannot find it.

When renaming multiple selected objects a number is appended automatically. I wonder if there is a way to append a number in the middle of objects name.

For example: Instead of "Leg_high_1", "Leg_high_2", "Leg_high_3", etc., I need to get "Leg_1_high", "Leg_2_high", "Leg_3_high", etc.

Maybe there is a script for this?

Thank you in advance.

User avatar
Mathaeus
Posts: 1778
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Naming multiple objects

Post by Mathaeus » 01 Apr 2018, 23:50

You should search for ET Naming, ET renamer or like (ET = Eric Thivierge), perhaps here in resources, first. I'm pretty sure it had prefix/suffix options.

User avatar
Grubber
Posts: 165
Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 19:11
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Naming multiple objects

Post by Grubber » 02 Apr 2018, 07:20

Found it! Thanks a lot! ^:)^