Hello
Does anyone know how to make planar UV projection retain the same scale for multiple polymeshes?
For example I am wanting to have a wall texture spanning multiple polymeshes, but when I use planar UV projection it causes the wall to be different depending on the polymesh bounding box. I'd like it so the projection is treating the UVs as a single polymesh.
Thank you.
UV scale question
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: UV scale question
Hi trea,
you can match the scale of the green texture support objects. Select all except the biggest one, transform>match scaling, then pick the biggest one.
Setting the selection filter to "teture control object" can help you with the picking.
Only idea I have right now, there are probably some other options
you can match the scale of the green texture support objects. Select all except the biggest one, transform>match scaling, then pick the biggest one.
Setting the selection filter to "teture control object" can help you with the picking.
Only idea I have right now, there are probably some other options
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
trea
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 19 Mar 2016, 16:13
Re: UV scale question
It works, thank you!
Edit: Thank you FXDude, that is exactly what I was looking for.
Edit: Thank you FXDude, that is exactly what I was looking for.
Last edited by trea on 26 Feb 2018, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.
-
FXDude
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59
Re: UV scale question
I'm not sure if it also applies to what you're after,
but you can also share a single texture projection or support across a number of objects ::
Select items, and ...
Get > Property > Texture Projection > Connect to Support (or to Projection)
OR if you get a new projection on a group, they will all share the same support

but you can also share a single texture projection or support across a number of objects ::
Select items, and ...
Get > Property > Texture Projection > Connect to Support (or to Projection)
OR if you get a new projection on a group, they will all share the same support