Vray for Softimage opinion poll

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
julius
Posts: 248
Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 08:56

Vray for Softimage opinion poll

Post by julius » 10 May 2010, 07:44

Hello all,

I started an opinion poll about Vray for Softimage few days ago to have a better view of the potential for this product on Softimage plateform.

Some posts in chaosgroup forum tend to show that the slow development of Vray for Softimage is partly due to the uncertainty at Chaos group that there is a viable business out there, and money to be made from releasing this on the softimage platform....

http://www.xsibase.com/forum/index....2512;st art=13
( Moderator edit: THE CORRECT WAY TO LINK THIS,
SO IT ACTUALLY GOES ANYWHERE,
WHICH YOU SHOULD CHECK BEFORE POSTING
WOULD BE BY USING OUR "WORLD-FAMOUS" URL-Tags:
http://www.xsibase.com/forum/index.php? ... adid=42512 - HB X( ;) )

There are 660 members here and about 20000 on xsi base, and only 70 votes...I can't believe it !!

If you want Vray for Softimage, show them we are here !

please, come and vote.

Thanks

Julien

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Vray for Softimage opinion poll

Post by Hirazi Blue » 10 May 2010, 08:41

Let me first say, I am neither pro or contra on this topic, but do you really think a poll, however well received or not, as it may be, will really make a difference? The whole "viability of the Softimage platform" issue already seem a bit too much like an excuse to me... You don't start beta testing a product like this before making sure it's ultimately going to worth it for your company (IMHO, I must add, IMHO :D )
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

julius
Posts: 248
Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 08:56

Re: Vray for Softimage opinion poll

Post by julius » 10 May 2010, 09:30

I don't know if it'll make a difference, but can you assure that it won't?
what just a few clics cost to users?

(sorry for the link)

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Vray for Softimage opinion poll

Post by Hirazi Blue » 10 May 2010, 09:34

You're absolutely right of course (I just went over and voted...) ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!