I have followed a Pluralsight tutorial on making a procedural stairway using the Create Copy from Polygon compound.
So far so good. Managed to make an awesome pinecone from it... but...
Now I have Set Material Library into an empty mesh to make a container for my materials - now I get it, set that array to self.Materials. Now I want to apply the materials randomly per copy, using the Random Material ID per Copy.. but I get random polygons with the random materials.
I've followed the ICE tree tree forrest tutorial on the Softimage Autodesk youtube channel - with no erros.. but I can't get it to work with my compound.
Any help? Where did I go wrong?
Random Material ID per Copy: Error - FIXED
-
Draise
- Posts: 894
- Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
- Skype: ondraise
- Location: Colombia
Random Material ID per Copy: Error - FIXED
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Draise on 15 Feb 2017, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.
-
Draise
- Posts: 894
- Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
- Skype: ondraise
- Location: Colombia
Re: Random Material ID per Copy - error
Ok, it seems I found a fix.. where... I added some triangles on the troubled copy mesh.. and that seemed to fix the polygon index order.
Triangulation didn't fix it, but some geometry modifications did.
I couldn't remember how to change that around according to the autotriangulation SI seems to do or something.
Triangulation didn't fix it, but some geometry modifications did.
I couldn't remember how to change that around according to the autotriangulation SI seems to do or something.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.