Hi!
I'm looking more and more at Nvidia whole Gameworks stuff and I found this guy => http://cgicoffee.com/blog/2016/08/nvidi ... simulation who implemented it in Softimage.
Is he one of you?
Anyone knows this guy?
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Re: Anyone knows this guy?
have no clue but would be nice to play with that 
altho the FleX library is free its just i have no clue how to integrate it in soft, never coded anything.
altho the FleX library is free its just i have no clue how to integrate it in soft, never coded anything.
-
nodeway
Re: Anyone knows this guy?
There is a new PhysX v3.4 with new type of solver, but it's not available yet for download.
From what I read 3.4 should integrate FLEX as part of PhysX library, not as separate product based on PhysX.
From what I read 3.4 should integrate FLEX as part of PhysX library, not as separate product based on PhysX.
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Re: Anyone knows this guy?
the problem is always the integration, i'd pay to have that integrated in softimage, but im not holding my breath will happen :/
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Anyone knows this guy?
Yeah i would like to play with it also and a nice blog. I liked specially the fluids topic.
-
druitre
- Posts: 471
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35
Re: Anyone knows this guy?
Interesting find. I asked him if he would make the ICEnode available... one never knows... 
-
druitre
- Posts: 471
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35
Re: Anyone knows this guy?
Update: His name's Armen and he replied to me, thought I'd share it here
FYIMy crashy ICE node was made up of several out-of-core XSI components that didn't even compile properly into external DLLs, so I can't... No - won't publish this mess even if I could make it work it again. My friend is still working on a newer implementation I used in my FleX fluid studies, but he's not ready to share it yet. IDK when and if he will though, but I'll ask him again.
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Anyone knows this guy?
Thanks druitre.
-
mc_axe
- Posts: 420
- Joined: 12 Mar 2013, 17:44
Re: Anyone knows this guy?
Can we somehow donate such efforts 
-
nodeway
Re: Anyone knows this guy?
PhysX 3.4 pre-release is available on NVidia GitHub. Final relase should be around end of February.
http://www.physxinfo.com/files_new/Phys ... notes.html
http://www.physxinfo.com/files_new/Phys ... notes.html