Gallery removed...

Discussions about si-community.com. You can post here as a guest.
User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Gallery removed...

Post by Hirazi Blue » 14 Dec 2016, 18:03

As our Gallery stopped working today
and neither Owei nor I could figure out what was wrong with it,
we were sadly forced to remove the gallery until further notice...
=((
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
whurst
Posts: 46
Joined: 16 Dec 2012, 10:00
Location: Germany

Re: Gallery removed...

Post by whurst » 14 Dec 2016, 20:45

Hirazi Blue wrote:As our Gallery stopped working today
and neither Owei nor I could figure out what was wrong with it,
we were sadly forced to remove the gallery until further notice...
=((
The PHP error say : Connection Refused by fetching the file via HTTP

Check on the Host if the Hostname www.si-community.com points to the correct server (it self)
and try to make a HTTP to the resulting IP to see if you get the txt file.

There are some think that could be happen :

- in the /etc/hosts is maybe the hostname pointed to 127.0.0.1 - and the apache doesn't listen to 127.0.0.1
- the hostname resolution (DNS) doesn't work correctly
- a ip tables is installed that prevent port 80 from localhost to myself

Anyway, it would be better to find the include and replace the creepy fopen HTTP with a direct file access by using DOCUMENT_ROOT to access the txt directly without the http selfquery

If you need moar halp - ping me ^^

User avatar
Draise
Posts: 894
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
Skype: ondraise
Location: Colombia

Re: Gallery removed...

Post by Draise » 15 Dec 2016, 03:09

:-s :(( :((

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Gallery removed...

Post by Hirazi Blue » 15 Dec 2016, 09:21

@whurst - Thanks, I will contact you if the problems persist.
For now it seems to be working again, but I haven't got a clue if this will last and why...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Gallery removed...

Post by Hirazi Blue » 15 Dec 2016, 11:53

It worked for a couple of minutes, but then started to throw the same error again...
I haven't got a clue, what is going on.
The fact that it worked for a short while and then stopped working again is a complete mystery to me.
I asked Owei to contact his webhost...
:((
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Draise
Posts: 894
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
Skype: ondraise
Location: Colombia

Re: Gallery removed...

Post by Draise » 16 Dec 2016, 12:58

It'sworking fine from my phone now.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Gallery removed...

Post by Hirazi Blue » 16 Dec 2016, 13:59

After consulting with whurst (thanks :ymhug:) I changed some settings, but I haven't got any clue why it works again.
I am just glad that it does, as the gallery always has been an important part of the si-community...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!