The first program I learned was the Maya, I am now trying to get back
but unfortunately it seems more complicated than it at softimage.
The production time seems to triple in relation to softimage.
Someone is having this difficulty?
No you're first with that impressionvilsonlirio wrote:I've tried Modo, Cinema 4D and now I'm using Maya.
The first program I learned was the Maya, I am now trying to get back
but unfortunately it seems more complicated than it at softimage.
The production time seems to triple in relation to softimage.
Someone is having this difficulty?
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
You're definitely not alone. I was losing my mind with Maya (7 yrs experience) and decided to go back to Softimage. I don't care if it is a dead software. Even in its death, it has more life than Maya, Max, and Modo combined.vilsonlirio wrote:I've tried Modo, Cinema 4D and now I'm using Maya.
The first program I learned was the Maya, I am now trying to get back
but unfortunately it seems more complicated than it at softimage.
The production time seems to triple in relation to softimage.
Someone is having this difficulty?
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Yes, these inconsistencies are special partmyara wrote: Get used to some inconsistency in the workflow too. Changing to vertex selection with Right click menu isn't the same as do it with F9.
In relation to Softimage, (my very personal) answer to ''frustrated'' I think is somewhere around yes and no. While mentioned 2x more is definitively present, no more fighting for exotic app ( here I think I was a small veteran), finally is over. That is, Max and Maya *are* industry standards.wesserbro wrote: you can be as proficient, but very frustrated
I think it is much more the investment that is needed to think Houdini way than license costs besides Houdini has no advantage and sometimes disadvantage in dealing with simple stuff there is also lack of workers. All of this are much bigger issues than the monetary investment in licenses.Mathaeus wrote:Well regarding Houdini, I think main problem when it comes to accepting by small shops, individuals, it is price of big one, and licence of Indie.
hi bullit,Bullit wrote:I think it is much more the investment that is needed to think Houdini way than license costs besides Houdini has no advantage and sometimes disadvantage in dealing with simple stuff there is also lack of workers. All of this are much bigger issues than the monetary investment in licenses.Mathaeus wrote:Well regarding Houdini, I think main problem when it comes to accepting by small shops, individuals, it is price of big one, and licence of Indie.
I think it's good idea to try some of latest versions, 2016 and up. By the way, equivalent of SI move point tool, I mean the old one before times of XSI 5, it's holding the tilde key, once move tool is active. This hold some key, shift+RMB, MMB or shift+ctrl+MMB+RMB+LMB+hold+release is somehow typical to Maya. Why is that, from what I heard there are historical reasons, when Idikiukup and Bob become Alias employees, while ago. Idikiukup become a chief of ergonomics department, Bob integrated self into Maya core.Shredder565 wrote:i messed around with maya 2014.
I couldn't even figure out how to move verticies. i just say there looking at a sphere in what is supposed to be the most 'powerful' and 'best ' program ever and i couldn't figure out how to even get started in modelling.
At least with Max i got far enough in 1999 to learn some of the basics of modelling. although it wasn't very intuitive.
Code: Select all
manipMoveContext -e -ah 3 Move;
strsTweakMode(1);