Hello there...
I was wondering if 6 monitors would put to much stress on my system's cards while working while multitasking as usual. And before I do anything crazy, I would like some advice.
So.. I would have 6 monitors and a cintqu 13HD (A total of 7 screens) running on two graphics cards, (GTX 980 and a GTX 1070). Also using Softimage with Redshift and After Effects CC15, Photoshop going all at the same time. You know.. I typical workday.
Would this be ok for these graphics cards health? Would this be to stressful on the system?
thanks
6 monitor array and graphics card advice..
-
julius
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 08:56
Re: 6 monitor array and graphics card advice..
I think it would be a bit memory consuming for those cards which have 6 GB and 8 GB.
May be take a look at 2 x titan X if you can ?
EDIT : I'm not an expert of hardware. It's just My opinion.
May be take a look at 2 x titan X if you can ?
EDIT : I'm not an expert of hardware. It's just My opinion.
-
thorsnuts
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 17:42
Re: 6 monitor array and graphics card advice..
hahaha.. thanks..
-
julius
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 08:56
Re: 6 monitor array and graphics card advice..
You ca find a second hand titan X at the 980's price.
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: 6 monitor array and graphics card advice..
that's it .. I'm getting a second monitor
later this year
later this year
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
nodeway
Re: 6 monitor array and graphics card advice..
Wouldn't it be better to get 2 (maybe 3) ultra wide screen monitors instead of 6 monitors?
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: 6 monitor array and graphics card advice..
Good choice. In my experience Softimage really benefits from a dual monitor setup.rray wrote:that's it .. I'm getting a second monitor![]()
later this year
It should have probably been a prerequisite to have two,
seeing how much easier it is to work with dual monitors...
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: 6 monitor array and graphics card advice..
That accelerated my choice
just got a new 24 inch (yay space!)
Strange thing Softimage now maximizes to 1/4 of the screen.
Nothing bad .. but if anyone has a solution for this
-rr
Strange thing Softimage now maximizes to 1/4 of the screen.
Nothing bad .. but if anyone has a solution for this
-rr
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
Mathaeus
- Posts: 1778
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Re: 6 monitor array and graphics card advice..
I could be completely wrong, anyway this sounds like some sort of 'doubled' resolution like Ultra HD or else. If so, I'm afraid only way with SI is to switch the monitor back to 'no-doubled'. There's something about SI and hi-res monitors in this thread - at least as introduction into wonderfulrray wrote:
Strange thing Softimage now maximizes to 1/4 of the screen.
Nothing bad .. but if anyone has a solution for this
-rr
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: 6 monitor array and graphics card advice..
Cheers, changing the primary screen to the bigger one solved it, windows seems to split the secondary screen in 4 when its resolution is above a certain threshold.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026