Ice modeling to OBJ?

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
3DMagic
Posts: 23
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 10:09
Skype: emiliano.grimaldi

Ice modeling to OBJ?

Post by 3DMagic » 08 Aug 2016, 17:39

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a way to export any modeling done in ICE to OBJ or any other mesh format.

Thank you

User avatar
Rork
Posts: 1359
Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands

Re: Ice modeling to OBJ?

Post by Rork » 09 Aug 2016, 07:56

I can recall some plugins that do that kind of thing.
You might have a look at http://www.rray.de/xsi/

rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!

Pooby
Posts: 501
Joined: 27 Aug 2010, 20:25

Re: Ice modeling to OBJ?

Post by Pooby » 09 Aug 2016, 11:25

As far as I'm aware, an object is just an object. It doesn't matter if it came from ICE or not.

User avatar
Rork
Posts: 1359
Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands

Re: Ice modeling to OBJ?

Post by Rork » 09 Aug 2016, 11:34

True, but I was more thinking in the line of meshes and particles. All that merged into one object.
Should have added that to the post ;-)

Good to see you still visiting the forum, how's your project doing?
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!

3DMagic
Posts: 23
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 10:09
Skype: emiliano.grimaldi

Re: Ice modeling to OBJ?

Post by 3DMagic » 09 Aug 2016, 12:04

Yes, like Rork said, imagine a sphere covered with ICE instances, how do I export that as a mesh?

Thank you by the way for the replies.

User avatar
rray
Moderator
Posts: 1810
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
Location: Bonn, Germany

Re: Ice modeling to OBJ?

Post by rray » 09 Aug 2016, 12:10

Hi
This addon could be useful, some tips can be found further down in the thread:
https://www.si-community.com/forum/v ... =19&t=3588
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026

3DMagic
Posts: 23
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 10:09
Skype: emiliano.grimaldi

Re: Ice modeling to OBJ?

Post by 3DMagic » 09 Aug 2016, 13:25

Thank you Rray, I'll have a look. :)