Dynamic Pivot Tumbling compounds

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

Dynamic Pivot TumblingAuthor: Pedro Alpiarça dos Santos
These compounds enable Softimage riggers to use arbitrary shape pivoting. They support arbitrary and even actively deforming polygonal objects.

Video instructions are available: ICE Dynamic Pivot Compounds.

local backup: pb_2DHullTumble.xsicompoundp pb_2DHull.xsicompound

User avatar
probiner
Posts: 127
Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 09:52

Dynamic Pivot Tumbling compounds

Post by probiner » 19 Feb 2016, 13:08



Always go out with a bang right? :D

Files: https://app.box.com/s/17lovbvnhadcapvfd47pgst22ufs6pq1
Cheers

anhungxadieu
Posts: 175
Joined: 17 Apr 2014, 08:39
Skype: nguyenvuducthuy

Re: Dynamic Pivot Tumbling compounds

Post by anhungxadieu » 19 Feb 2016, 14:59

probiner, thank you very much! :ymhug:

User avatar
rray
Moderator
Posts: 1810
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
Location: Bonn, Germany

Re: Dynamic Pivot Tumbling compounds

Post by rray » 19 Feb 2016, 17:00

That's great - thanks for sharing these Pedro. It should be a standard tool in any rigging software (but is in none afaik!)

*btw thought I'd mention .. I noticed you have polygon info on in the viewport. For some reason in a lot of scenes it will slow down the viewport performance down to 1/5th in some cases (lots of polygons).
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: Dynamic Pivot Tumbling compounds

Post by Bullit » 20 Feb 2016, 17:08

Many thanks Pedro.

User avatar
probiner
Posts: 127
Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 09:52

Re: Dynamic Pivot Tumbling compounds

Post by probiner » 23 Feb 2016, 15:25

rray wrote:That's great - thanks for sharing these Pedro. It should be a standard tool in any rigging software (but is in none afaik!)

*btw thought I'd mention .. I noticed you have polygon info on in the viewport. For some reason in a lot of scenes it will slow down the viewport performance down to 1/5th in some cases (lots of polygons).
It's a bad habbit of mine :D Thanks for the notification.
Cheers

User avatar
probiner
Posts: 127
Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 09:52

Re: Dynamic Pivot Tumbling compounds

Post by probiner » 18 Mar 2016, 21:50

I noticed I made the mistake of assuming the forward vectors will always be pointing out, and they don't, so I was trying to use the compound today and failing. Hadn't encountered this before but it is now fixed. Same file link updated.
Image

Cheers

User avatar
rray
Moderator
Posts: 1810
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
Location: Bonn, Germany

Re: Dynamic Pivot Tumbling compounds

Post by rray » 18 Mar 2016, 22:00

Thanks for the fix :-bd
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026