http://cgpress.org/archives/maxon-commi ... ption.html
This is the way it should be. With caveat price should be competitive in both offers.
Maxon to study rental licenses, continues perpetual.
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Maxon to study rental licenses, continues perpetual.
I agree, but the fact that they are considering rental options isn't a good sign, I fear...Bullit wrote:This is the way it should be. With caveat price should be competitive in both offers.
Only time will tell obviously, but once bitten by the rental bug, it is doubtful, if perpetual licensing will remain an option for long.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: Maxon to study rental licenses, continues perpetual.
What's wrong with maintenance? Or just regular update fees?
I truly hate all these companies going 'rental'.
It's more expensive in the long run, and like with Adobe, I've seen the license warning way too often with the CC suite
Just give me a license key, as usual.
I truly hate all these companies going 'rental'.
It's more expensive in the long run, and like with Adobe, I've seen the license warning way too often with the CC suite
Just give me a license key, as usual.
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Maxon to study rental licenses, continues perpetual.
There are people that want to use for just a work say 1,2 months and companies that have a project and need to hire temporarily just some seats.