Nevertheless Houdini has some nice points, let's say for pic few posts bellow, when I became tired of waiting the Mantra path tracer to cleanup noise around rendered hair, got idea to spread some VDB around and use volume for all secondary rays. Worked flawlessly, got about ten times faster render. Such operation in Modo belongs, in best case to some static copy, in SI it will be almost the same setup, but who knows what MR will have to say about...
Little problem is that, sometime, H 'has no point'

at all - twenty years after I first sow tweak tool ('select and move') in Max, probably I'll have to submit the RFE, asking for behavior of tweak thing in same way as rest of 3d apps on planet. Accidental press of K (key) over parameter field, is taken as expression that can't evaluate, causing a chains or red nodes, or crash. Plain instancing is a sequence of nodes plus special option, together with expression to get multiple objects into instances, while each object need to have a special suffix (literally). My ancient single threaded Syflex is still running circles around newest multi threaded H cloth... I'm afraid 'I'm not modeler' easy spreads in very very long list...
So for now, simply can't imagine to use H with anything with deadline - at least until I'll build my own procedure for every single step of every feature, which, by current tempo will take about five to ten yeas. Or, to just go with approach I found the best in this one year, which is:
1. do not use any kind of view port interaction. Everything possible to model and animate outside H, should be done outside H.
2.always consider another simulator, including Blender
3.always be ready to be slapped in middle of work
4. split scene into smaller, baked ones, if you don't want to wait H for minutes to evaluate
5: use it for small changes over imported stuff, this is what he can do.
6: it's generally stable app, especially VOP - SOP stuff - but not stable with scene opening - at least here, got habit to always open empty scene first, then to open existing one.
Yeah of course I'm slowly and surely going into Max - Maya direction. At least, whatever bad will happen, I won't be alone, that's it.