CrowdFX - how to add more material variations to the crowd?

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
User avatar
bb3d
Posts: 84
Joined: 27 Oct 2011, 20:54
Location: Berlin

CrowdFX - how to add more material variations to the crowd?

Post by bb3d » 01 Dec 2015, 21:16

So, for my current project I finally want to make use of the power of CrowdFX. For a stadium crowd I used the "Stadium Waving" example scene and modified it.

The actors already have some material variation, but I would like to add more. I watched tutorial videos and read the XSI help and what I know so far is, that the "Add New Materials" ICE tree of the "Pedestrian_Mesh.Actor Copies" is the key to that, but I don't understand how that ICE tree (see attached screenshot) works. What are the IDs for?

A step-by-step explanation how to add materials to that system would be highly appreciated ;;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.