Random Select topolgy - how? [noobie]

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
User avatar
Draise
Posts: 894
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
Skype: ondraise
Location: Colombia

Random Select topolgy - how? [noobie]

Post by Draise » 26 Nov 2015, 20:44

I have a geometry cloud created in another software and imported as geometry, and now I would like to select islands, or polygon faces to then create clusters to shader them. How do I select all the islands randomly to then manipulate or assign a new shader to said array of random selections?

I'm pretty new to ICE and programming logic, mostly used to pushing and pulling rigs and geometry around - but I am sure you can do this with ICE.

Does this have to do with Arrays? Does anyone have any material how to create, manipulate and work with geometry arrays (and specifically how to drive it randomly?)


User avatar
Draise
Posts: 894
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
Skype: ondraise
Location: Colombia

Re: Random Select topolgy - how? [noobie]

Post by Draise » 27 Nov 2015, 20:45

Thanks! I'll mull through them.