Fast skin shader and shadow pass

Discussions about FX-Tree and Compositing generally
Soth3dlife
Posts: 18
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 08:38

Fast skin shader and shadow pass

Post by Soth3dlife » 19 Apr 2010, 09:48

Greetings

My name is Fran. I'm learning Computer Graphics art since 3 years. I Live and work in Barcelona, Spain (currently). I've registered on this website to learn from you and help whenever I can, I hope to learn so much and be as helpful as possible.

I start with my first question.

Actually I'm working in a render with some passes. One object has a fast skin Shader.
beauty.jpg
]My problem is that I don't know how can I create a shadow pass with this shader on an object. I tried changing the material partition and adding ( desactivating ) some override parameters, but nothing. In depht pass I had the same problem
depht.jpg[/attachment but changing the partition material to a constant it works correctly. But Shadow pass it's different. [attachment=0]shadow.jpg
The fast skin shader appears in this pass.

What Can I do?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Fast skin shader and shadow pass

Post by Hirazi Blue » 19 Apr 2010, 10:14

The Fast Skin simply doesn't seem to do passes AFAIK
You could try ez-sss-fast-skin. I couldn't get this to work anymore, but in this post shushens claims he got it working...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Soth3dlife
Posts: 18
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 08:38

Re: Fast skin shader and shadow pass

Post by Soth3dlife » 19 Apr 2010, 20:21

Thanks. It seems a great way. I've tried before another way.Based on Ben Neal's Videotutorial ( from Gnomon ) and it works!