which cloth simulator?
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
which cloth simulator?
The task at hand is simulating a simple tunic as it adapts to the movements of a knight wearing it. Easy enough, probably even for me, inexperienced with cloth simulations as I am, but which cloth solution should I try to achieve this simple goal? XSI legacy cloth, vanilla Syflex or Syflex on ICE? Are there marked differences between vanilla Syflex and Syflex on ICE that I should consider before choosing one or the other? And are there still good reasons to use XSI legacy cloth?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: which cloth simulator?
I vote for ICE Syflex (which has an menu-only-workflow even)
Is vanilla syflex still included in the latest version? Just looked and couldn't find it anymore.
About the old cloth deformer I don't know much, last time I tried (several years ago) I found it's slower than syflex.
Is vanilla syflex still included in the latest version? Just looked and couldn't find it anymore.
About the old cloth deformer I don't know much, last time I tried (several years ago) I found it's slower than syflex.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
Pooby
- Posts: 501
- Joined: 27 Aug 2010, 20:25
Re: which cloth simulator?
Original syflex is superior to the ice version, unfortunately. Both in features but more crucially the quality of solve. Pin and mimic work in a much more sophisticated way in the original and the ability to rescale is very useful too.
-
anhungxadieu
- Posts: 175
- Joined: 17 Apr 2014, 08:39
- Skype: nguyenvuducthuy
Re: which cloth simulator?
+1 for original syflex