hi, sometime ago I asked if maya was good for broadcast, and at the time I got the advise to go to 3ds max, because maya lacked some capabilities in that area. Well, Maya now has a nice text tool and the interface is so clean, I enjoy working with Maya again.
I want to ask some few questions:
1) I see Maya has a Align Object, but does it have Match Rotation / Scale / Transform like our beloved XSI?
2) Where is the migration forum in si-community? I remember we had one.
3) The plans to uplift the UI are still going on? I have seen in maya forums some resistance to change where things are in the interface, but it shouldnt be a problem to people to adapt.
4) Can the new Text tool editable via a custom attribute so I can make Graph Bars and Charts?
5) Can you tell us, if the feedback from the new UI lift in maya was well received from users?
xsi to maya
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: xsi to maya
Hi,
A quick set of answers.. ;-)
1. No, not exactly like that. As in all Maya related issues... "there's a script for that..."
2. This one? https://www.si-community.com/forum/v ... m.php?f=49
3. Yes, ongoing project. 2016 is already MUCH better to use than older versions. Maya still will 'throw a tantrum' at a moment you cannot really miss the time to debug your scenes.
4. No idea, haven't used the latest and greatest Maya yet.
5. I think the reworked UI is mostly welcomed by users coming in from other 3D apps, like Softimage. Workflow wise it will need a couple of more versions to at least come up to par with Softimage.
rob
A quick set of answers.. ;-)
1. No, not exactly like that. As in all Maya related issues... "there's a script for that..."
2. This one? https://www.si-community.com/forum/v ... m.php?f=49
3. Yes, ongoing project. 2016 is already MUCH better to use than older versions. Maya still will 'throw a tantrum' at a moment you cannot really miss the time to debug your scenes.
4. No idea, haven't used the latest and greatest Maya yet.
5. I think the reworked UI is mostly welcomed by users coming in from other 3D apps, like Softimage. Workflow wise it will need a couple of more versions to at least come up to par with Softimage.
rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!