Hi,
is this https://vimeo.com/135281778 possible somehow in SI? (Mainly at 2:30, 'texture variations')
I'm trying to use ICE to get randomly offset UV islands - can get random offset on polyislands and random offset on UVs but not random offset on UV islands, so far.
I should add I'm rendering with Redshift and that restricts the use of the rendertree, as many lookupnodes aren't supported. I'd prefer to do all the randomisations purely within ICE and not have to transfer attributes to the shadertree.
UV/Texture variation
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: UV/Texture variation
Might help?
https://www.si-community.com/forum/v ... =33&t=3288
Edit: maybe this will give you some ideas:
https://www.si-community.com/forum/v ... =33&t=3288
Edit: maybe this will give you some ideas:
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: UV/Texture variation
I have this compound lying around which assigns random vertex colors to UV islands (not sure who's it from)
Redshift doesn't support the shifting in the render tree, but ICE can do it..
You could use two of the color R,G,B values (for example R and G) and add them to the U,V values to get the variation.
Here's the compound.
Redshift doesn't support the shifting in the render tree, but ICE can do it..
You could use two of the color R,G,B values (for example R and G) and add them to the U,V values to get the variation.
Here's the compound.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
druitre
- Posts: 471
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35
Re: UV/Texture variation
Bullit: interesting stuff in that thread, thanks.
Rray: great, I got it to work!
Here's the compound, just enter the texture projection you'd like to randomize and that's it.
In the rendertree, you can also get the variation through scalar map lookup - UVIsland_Vertex_Colors to further modify your material.
Cheers, Jasper
Rray: great, I got it to work!
Here's the compound, just enter the texture projection you'd like to randomize and that's it.
In the rendertree, you can also get the variation through scalar map lookup - UVIsland_Vertex_Colors to further modify your material.
Cheers, Jasper
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: UV/Texture variation
Also this
Random color on polygon Island
https://www.si-community.com/forum/v ... =22&t=2489
Maybe Rray note came from here.
Random color on polygon Island
https://www.si-community.com/forum/v ... =22&t=2489
Maybe Rray note came from here.
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany