write VDB create volume with Arnold

Discussions regarding Materials, Material-Compounds or Shaders, etc.
User avatar
wireframex
Posts: 425
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 21:02
Location: France

write VDB create volume with Arnold

Post by wireframex » 18 Aug 2015, 17:25

Hi

I'm looking for a tutorial about writing VBD File but I didn't find anything for SI (Arnold doc point only to Houdini but I don't use it).
Is there anyone who can explain me how to do with SI ?
Thanks
Best regards
Phil
"without mastery, power is nothing" - Softimage Addict User
CPU 3990x 128 Threads / 2 x 3090 RTX - 24 Go / 96 Go memory

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: write VDB create volume with Arnold

Post by Bullit » 19 Aug 2015, 22:55

wireframex wrote:Hi

I'm looking for a tutorial about writing VBD File but I didn't find anything for SI (Arnold doc point only to Houdini but I don't use it).
Is there anyone who can explain me how to do with SI ?
Thanks
Best regards
Phil
I don't think Arnold can write VDB files. Can read only i think.

Some tests with Oleg OpenVDB
https://www.si-community.com/forum/v ... B&start=90