Well,
I'm just starting to get familiar with the exchange between both apps. For now I would like to know how I have to deal with material assignments in Houdini, so SI applies the Redshift materials I created in SI.
Actually I imagine it this way. In H I do specify which material goes to which face, I import the files via Alembic (Crate) and SI recognizes which texture goes into which group of the imported mesh.
Since I imagine the model will change a lot during production, assigning the materials on every import in SI seems to be out of the question.
How does this work practically? I assigned a material in H to the mesh before the alembic ROP I use for export. In SI the material shows up nowhere. Tried to assign it on a per point and primitve way. No difference.
Anybody an idea?
Cheers
Tom
Houdini to Softimage workflow
Forum for users who have migrated or are migrating to Houdini
1 post
• Page 1 of 1
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Houdini to Softimage workflow
Post by Pancho » 05 Aug 2015, 11:01
- Board index
- All times are UTC
- Privacy Policy
- Contact / Legal Notice
1 post
• Page 1 of 1
Jump to
- Guidelines
- Read me first
- General
- ↳ News
- ↳ Announcements
- ↳ Migration
- ↳ 3ds Max
- ↳ Blender
- ↳ Cinema 4D
- ↳ Houdini
- ↳ Maya
- ↳ Modo
- ↳ Fabric Engine
- ↳ Other software
- ↳ Cooperation & Jobs
- ↳ Open Discussion
- ↳ Feedback
- Showroom
- ↳ WIP
- ↳ Finished Work
- ICE section
- ↳ ICE
- ↳ ICE & Math
- ↳ ICE Tutorials
- Softimage
- ↳ Modeling
- ↳ Materials & Shaders
- ↳ Animation
- ↳ Rigging & Face Robot
- ↳ Rendering
- ↳ Compositing
- ↳ Simulation
- ↳ Programming
- ↳ Softimage Mod Tool
- ↳ Plugins
- ↳ Tutorials
- ↳ Tutorials on YouTube
- ↳ General & Troubleshooting
- Download
- ↳ Upload Instructions
- ↳ Models&Scenes
- ↳ ICE Compounds
- ↳ Plugins
- ↳ Materials
- ↳ Scripts
- ↳ FX-Tree
- Archived Forums
- ↳ Community Projects
- ↳ Community Animation Project
- ↳ Legacy CAP archive
- ↳ Community ICE Project