Weight map on ICE topology not working

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

Weight map on ICE topology not working

Post by Pancho » 24 Jun 2015, 09:36

I can't set weight values on ICE based topology. The topology is created by "Convert instances to mesh". The weight map is only on the ICE topology, not on my instance mesh.

If I display the values I pump into the "Set data" node, they are there, but if I look at the weightmap it remains black.

BTW, just creating the weight map or an attribute made the topology disappear sometimes or crash SI.

Anybody an idea or a workflow which works!

Cheers
Thomas

Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

Re: Weight map on ICE topology not working

Post by Pancho » 24 Jun 2015, 19:18

Setting the weights in the modeling stack doesn't work with topo. In the shape modeling stack it does. VERY STRANGE!