Lightmap: how to specify the output file?

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
claudevervoort
Posts: 89
Joined: 16 Oct 2009, 00:56
Location: Montréal, QC, Canada

Lightmap: how to specify the output file?

Post by claudevervoort » 10 Apr 2010, 14:22

Hi,

First time i'm using a light map (color sampler) and I have a bit of hard time connecting the dots: the doc says to connect the color sampler to the out of the material, and that somehow should create an image clip?

I just do not seem to get it to work: I don't see any image clip, and when I render I have the following error message: PHEN 0.4: sib_lightmap_color_sampler: The no texture connected to write to.

So how do I connect a texture to write to?

Thanks for any help :)

Claude
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
claudevervoort
Posts: 89
Joined: 16 Oct 2009, 00:56
Location: Montréal, QC, Canada

Re: Lightmap: how to specify the output file?

Post by claudevervoort » 10 Apr 2010, 15:16

update: just by curiosity I tried in 2010 (rather than 2011) and there, when I create a Color Sampler, it automatically creates the image clip. Bug in 2011 or 2011 works differently?

Claude

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Lightmap: how to specify the output file?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 10 Apr 2010, 18:34

I can confirm it works differently between SI2010 and SI2011. Not sure if this is a bug or an intended change in features. I would think you'd have to create a new lightmap "by hand" using the "User Tools > Create SSS Lightmap" command... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!