Contact Autodesk?
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Contact Autodesk?
I just wanted to reply to one of Jeff'S anouncements I received by email.
I spent several minutes to find an email address which connects me to Autodesk. Can't find one. Especially not in the "Contact us" section of their website.
Can anybody supply me with a valid email address to contact them?
Cheers
Thomas
P.S.: What a horrible company......
I spent several minutes to find an email address which connects me to Autodesk. Can't find one. Especially not in the "Contact us" section of their website.
Can anybody supply me with a valid email address to contact them?
Cheers
Thomas
P.S.: What a horrible company......
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: Contact Autodesk?
I may be wrong, but I think for a direct email exchange within Autodesk, it is usually the contact's:
firstname.lastname@autodesk.com
I do not know, but maybe the Area website has some way of getting a hold of someone too. Just a guess though. Otherwise, I would probably just try calling them and see if someone can give you the email you are looking for.
firstname.lastname@autodesk.com
I do not know, but maybe the Area website has some way of getting a hold of someone too. Just a guess though. Otherwise, I would probably just try calling them and see if someone can give you the email you are looking for.
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: Contact Autodesk?
On their German website even the imprint is missing which is against German law.
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: Contact Autodesk?
You are definitely right. It has been a while since I have been on the Autodesk website, and I just went on it and tried to locate some Contact Information for you on their English site, and it is a mess. It used to be easy to find some of that info. Now, everything is a "loop-around" and you can never get to an actual "Contact Us" section. They seem to be doing a great job of hiding. I even logged into my account and it was the same thing - no luck. It should be much, much easier to find that information.
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: Contact Autodesk?
How strange can it get? A company which doesn't want their customers to get in touch with them?! Wow! That's far beyond arrogant!
-
NNois
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:33
Re: Contact Autodesk?
Actually they just needs your money every years, not your voice, that's all. The website thing is a classic of course on purposePancho wrote:How strange can it get? A company which doesn't want their customers to get in touch with them?! Wow! That's far beyond arrogant!
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: Contact Autodesk?
sorry, who and what announcement?Pancho wrote:I just wanted to reply to one of Jeff'S anouncements I received by email.
you can complain on the autodesk forums if you want. imho the people from autodesk reading those forums would be the same ones reading wherever a "contacts us" mail leads to.
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: Contact Autodesk?
End of Sales of New Individual Perpetual Licenses
Actually I don't want to post something on a forum, but get in contact with somebody. I never encountered anything that strange before concerning communications. This is a one way street.
This Jeff:
Dear Autodesk Customer,
You are receiving this message because our records indicate that you or your organization may be impacted by the following business change. This notice is intended to provide you sufficient time to understand the options, evaluate your needs, and take any required action before the change becomes effective.
Autodesk is transitioning from perpetual software licenses to subscription-based options. After January 31, 2016, new seats of most individual Autodesk software products will be available only on a pay-as-you-go subscription basis. Sales of new perpetual licenses for these products will be discontinued. This change applies to both standalone and network licenses.
You will, however, be able to continue using your existing perpetual licenses. For your software that is on Maintenance Subscription, you will retain access to your benefits and stay up-to-date by keeping your Maintenance Subscription current.
Products impacted by this change include AutoCAD®, AutoCAD LT®, and 3ds Max®; full list is available at www.autodesk.com/perpetuallicenses.
To learn more about this licensing change, contact your local Autodesk Authorized Reseller or visit www.autodesk.com/perpetuallicenses.
You can also submit your questions via the Perpetual License Transition Forum to get an answer from our experts.
To find out more about Subscription options, visit our Subscription page today or contact your reseller.
Yours sincerely,
Jeff Wright
Vice-President, Customer Engagement
Actually I don't want to post something on a forum, but get in contact with somebody. I never encountered anything that strange before concerning communications. This is a one way street.
This Jeff:
Dear Autodesk Customer,
You are receiving this message because our records indicate that you or your organization may be impacted by the following business change. This notice is intended to provide you sufficient time to understand the options, evaluate your needs, and take any required action before the change becomes effective.
Autodesk is transitioning from perpetual software licenses to subscription-based options. After January 31, 2016, new seats of most individual Autodesk software products will be available only on a pay-as-you-go subscription basis. Sales of new perpetual licenses for these products will be discontinued. This change applies to both standalone and network licenses.
You will, however, be able to continue using your existing perpetual licenses. For your software that is on Maintenance Subscription, you will retain access to your benefits and stay up-to-date by keeping your Maintenance Subscription current.
Products impacted by this change include AutoCAD®, AutoCAD LT®, and 3ds Max®; full list is available at www.autodesk.com/perpetuallicenses.
To learn more about this licensing change, contact your local Autodesk Authorized Reseller or visit www.autodesk.com/perpetuallicenses.
You can also submit your questions via the Perpetual License Transition Forum to get an answer from our experts.
To find out more about Subscription options, visit our Subscription page today or contact your reseller.
Yours sincerely,
Jeff Wright
Vice-President, Customer Engagement
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: Contact Autodesk?
P.S.: Did anybody else get this email?
-
antsjoe
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 22:12
Re: Contact Autodesk?
Yes I think I read it wednesday or thursday.
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: Contact Autodesk?
Since all the links in this mail were more than fishy I thought it might also be a perfect fishing mail.
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: Contact Autodesk?
My apologies, but I'm curious what you wanted to email autodesk for? I did not understand - Is it about the "one way street" aspect, or that you thought it was a fishing email ? The mail is the news you must have already known about sales of new perpetual license ending and it's a bulk email sent to hundreds of thousand of people. It's written in the paragraph above where to go next.Pancho wrote:To learn more about this licensing change, contact your local Autodesk Authorized Reseller or visit www.autodesk.com/perpetuallicenses.
You can also submit your questions via the Perpetual License Transition Forum to get an answer from our experts.
To find out more about Subscription options, visit our Subscription page today or contact your reseller.
Yours sincerely,
Jeff Wright
Vice-President, Customer Engagement
p.s.: Autodesk has more than 1 milions users, so yeah, much of the Q&A is better handled in forums where other people can see the replies.
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: Contact Autodesk?
Actually I just want to know from them how this serves me as a customer. What kind of advantage is there for me, if I even pay more than twice the amount of what I'm paying right now on subscription. This company really lost contact with their customers. In every aspect.