Push based on another objects normals

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 118
Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 07:28

Push based on another objects normals

Post by Pete » 08 Apr 2010, 08:11

Hi there,

I'm just trying to get a push effect based on another object's normals and I'm having a bit of trouble
I have this ice tree that works a push deformer based on it's own normals but I can't plug in any other objects "Get Point Normals"...
Image
Any idea how I could get this to work?

Thanks
Pete

Leo
Posts: 128
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 15:06

Re: Push based on another objects normals

Post by Leo » 08 Apr 2010, 09:44

This should help.
Move the sphere around, makes for some interesting effects...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Pete
Posts: 118
Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 07:28

Re: Push based on another objects normals

Post by Pete » 09 Apr 2010, 05:13

hmm thanks but i cant seem to replicate it even if I do what seems to be the exact same thing?

This is my attempt -
Image

And the one from the sample scene -
Image

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

satyajit
Posts: 46
Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 05:38
Skype: satyajit2000

Re: Push based on another objects normals

Post by satyajit » 09 Apr 2010, 06:59

Ums. May be a typo in pointnormal? It's Self.PointNormal not Self.Point Normal.

caledonian_tartan
Posts: 253
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:13

Re: Push based on another objects normals

Post by caledonian_tartan » 09 Apr 2010, 09:19

i think just "pointnormal" as one word would work fine. you don't need the ".self" synthax as you pull the position from the pointneighbors location and not from the point itself.
SI 2015 @ WIN7-64