This all assuming I will still be eligible for Maya 2016 once it “hits the stores” that is.
Send to Maya 2016?
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Send to Maya 2016?
As I occasionally use Maya 2015 as a “perfect companion” to Softimage, I’ve grown rather fond of the "Send to" functionality between both applications. I assume this functionality breaks down when Maya 2016 comes around and the versions go out of sync. Am I correct in this assumption and if so, is there an easy workaround? Not updating Maya might become a serious option, considering the stuff I use it for, if "Send to" breaks down…
This all assuming I will still be eligible for Maya 2016 once it “hits the stores” that is.
This all assuming I will still be eligible for Maya 2016 once it “hits the stores” that is.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: Send to Maya 2016?
It won't work, but "send to" is technically just a wrapper around the existing FBX import/export commands
Edit: Add, merge, update animation only, all the stuff it does are features of FBX and you can do it in the import dialog or by calling the command, which is all the plugin actually does. Specially, it calls FBXImportMode to set Add or Update mode and then call FBXImport.
Edit: Add, merge, update animation only, all the stuff it does are features of FBX and you can do it in the import dialog or by calling the command, which is all the plugin actually does. Specially, it calls FBXImportMode to set Add or Update mode and then call FBXImport.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15