Im willing to gave Maya another chance, im currently trying the leaked trial (so sorry but I couldnt resist the temptation), and I really like the UI changes and the general feeling of using the hotbox to model with it, but as I have been using XSI first and then Cinema 4D so I want to know if the following is possible:
1) I work in Broadcast industry, so I use a lot of text effects and motion graphics design, but Maya doesnt seem to cover that particular area, I heard theres a plugin called Mash but I dont want to rely on a plugin for my core work. This will involve creating a text, changing the size of each characters, making presets for animating the text by characters, and the ability to latter change the text while retaining all the animation.
2) How does maya handle doing UI like in Oblivion or Tony Stark Helmet? or After Effects integration?
3) Is it possible with maya to create customizable graph bars and pie charts so I can change them feeding them with data? I made my owns with C4D and xpresso and I save a lot of time with custom graphics.
4) I do medical and forensic recreation, I guess Maya will work nice, but I fear the render and the workflow will be slow (because Maya is very powerful, and I need speed, not quality)
The reason I want to change softwares is because 1) XSI is dead
I know the logic dictates I should continue use C4D, but I feel like I want more.