Camera Matching tools in Xsi

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
User avatar
Maximus
Posts: 1121
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45

Camera Matching tools in Xsi

Post by Maximus » 12 Mar 2015, 20:46

Hey guys, i was wondering if anybody knows a camera match tool for xsi (even done in ICE i dont mind).

Basically having shot a photo you load this as background and adjust the camera in a way that whatever primitive you insert in the scene, it matches the perspective.
I know it can be done manually but it requires a lot of trials and error and quite annoying.

I would like to know if anybody knows a tool that comes close to this one for 3ds max

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3 ... C-htm.html

I've tried it on 3ds max, and is quite impressive and gets the job done in few minutes. I know i can just do it in max and export fbx > camera, etc.. But.. i was hoping there would be something for softimage that i missed in those years, that would facilitate this annoying task :)

thanks everybody

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: Camera Matching tools in Xsi

Post by Bullit » 12 Mar 2015, 23:29

I don't think it exists. Pooby made some stuff that almost looked that developed could went matchmoving. I know the max version but i prefer the sketchup one.