Medieval Siege Diorama

Comments on finished work
User avatar
Aumakua
Posts: 24
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 11:36
Location: Athens, Greece

Medieval Siege Diorama

Post by Aumakua » 09 Mar 2015, 23:19

Hello all!
I'd like to share with you my latest work, a small diorama of a medieval siege.
I used Softimage XSI, Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop.
Thanks for watching.
04.jpg
02.jpg
05.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
owei
Administrator
Posts: 840
Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
Location: Siegen/Germany

Re: Medieval Siege Diorama

Post by owei » 10 Mar 2015, 08:23

Hey Aumakua!
Great job!! Some close ups would be great to check out the details ;) ! Keep it up!

cheers,
oli

User avatar
MauricioPC
Moderator
Posts: 1089
Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39

Re: Medieval Siege Diorama

Post by MauricioPC » 10 Mar 2015, 10:25

That's pretty cool! Would like to see some close-up as well.

What did you made in XSI and what is Maya (workflow wise)?

User avatar
Aumakua
Posts: 24
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 11:36
Location: Athens, Greece

Re: Medieval Siege Diorama

Post by Aumakua » 10 Mar 2015, 10:52

Glad to hear you like it guys :)

For some a bit larger renders, please checkout this link,
http://aumakua.cgsociety.org/art/mediev ... 3d-1261630

For some more renders and make of material of this, you can check out this link,
http://www.noisyknuckles.com/medieval.php

MauricioPC, I mostly worked in Maya for rigging and posing the characters, while I assembled the scene in XSI, since I feel more convenient there for heavy scenes :)

I am about to upload soon some even larger renders (3000 pixels wide) and close up renders as well.
Thanks again!

User avatar
FXDude
Posts: 1145
Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59

Re: Medieval Siege Diorama

Post by FXDude » 10 Mar 2015, 16:40

Were the invading faction made in Maya? (just kidding :p )

Very intricate detail, which I wouldn't mind not seeing up closer if further details would need to be refined,

For me personally I would rather see an old cup or a book and stuff around the framed miniature to further reveal the scale.

User avatar
Aumakua
Posts: 24
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 11:36
Location: Athens, Greece

Re: Medieval Siege Diorama

Post by Aumakua » 10 Mar 2015, 21:34

Thanks FXDude :D
Yes, it would be nice to put some object of everyday use close to the miniature, just for the scale. I might give a try with this on another render, cheers :)

User avatar
grendizer
Posts: 94
Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 10:41
Skype: uforobotgrendizerus

Re: Medieval Siege Diorama

Post by grendizer » 16 Mar 2015, 15:06

Another fantastic work my friend :) Congrats!!

User avatar
Aumakua
Posts: 24
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 11:36
Location: Athens, Greece

Re: Medieval Siege Diorama

Post by Aumakua » 16 Mar 2015, 21:22

Hey grendizer! Thanks a lot mate ;)