1- I love BUF work and I think it's top notch.
2- I don't know how usable it is or how much it'll cost.
3- I'm excited! This may be a new solution we have been waiting for.
http://bufsoftware.com/products/bsuite/#bstudio
P.S.: If you have doubts about the power of the software ... watch this!
BSuite - BStudio -- BUF Software
-
angus_davidson
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
- Skype: ithacapellin
Re: BSuite - BStudio -- BUF Software
already signed up for the bview release.
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
-
MauricioPC
- Moderator
- Posts: 1089
- Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39
Re: BSuite - BStudio -- BUF Software
The only bad thing I found is that on CGTalk, a employee said that the software only works on Linux and Mac.
While I do understand Linux and I could install it, Mac seems crazy. IMO, Windows machines are better and cheaper.
Guess I'll have to find space for a Ubuntu install if the software turns out to be really good.
I'm hoping for it. A new player could shake the VFX market.
While I do understand Linux and I could install it, Mac seems crazy. IMO, Windows machines are better and cheaper.
Guess I'll have to find space for a Ubuntu install if the software turns out to be really good.
I'm hoping for it. A new player could shake the VFX market.
-
angus_davidson
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
- Skype: ithacapellin
Re: BSuite - BStudio -- BUF Software
I consider that a plus ;)
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
-
MauricioPC
- Moderator
- Posts: 1089
- Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39
Re: BSuite - BStudio -- BUF Software
angus_davidson wrote:I consider that a plus ;)
Linux is a plus. Only Mac that it isn't.
-
angus_davidson
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
- Skype: ithacapellin
Re: BSuite - BStudio -- BUF Software
Well they are technically both Unix, one just has a better gui really.MauricioPC wrote:angus_davidson wrote:I consider that a plus ;)
Linux is a plus. Only Mac that it isn't.
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
-
FXDude
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59
Re: BSuite - BStudio -- BUF Software
Hum!! All I can say for now, is Wohoo!!
However it is, at least for the existence of the first new high-end player since forever
Would have wished for a windows version too, but would consider that a minor thing if it turns out to be as friendly fast and powerful as it was reported to be.
(and perhaps therefore a more decent alternative to XSI... with at least a seemingly awesome philosophy of life!)
However it is, at least for the existence of the first new high-end player since forever
Would have wished for a windows version too, but would consider that a minor thing if it turns out to be as friendly fast and powerful as it was reported to be.
(and perhaps therefore a more decent alternative to XSI... with at least a seemingly awesome philosophy of life!)
-
MauricioPC
- Moderator
- Posts: 1089
- Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39
Re: BSuite - BStudio -- BUF Software
Quote from Alexandre Lerouge, an artist from BUF.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.ph ... stcount=14Now for that node based tool, this is awesome. It's still an early tool in the making so we are still many features but it's coming. Take this ad done in the end of last year almost all particles were generated in real time inside of the software and we can modify them directly in embedded node graphs. I'd like to tell you more about it but I'd like to have a greenlight on this before, stay tuned