Hello people,
Yesterday I was looking for some solutions for using a kinect device as a virtual camera.
Every app is interested in motion capture the human body but some app like skanect show in 3d view the camera path after a scan.
I was wondering if it was possible to extract that data and use it in softimage for example.
The idea is to use that method to produce camera animations without going through 3dmotion tracking.
Something james cameron used on the mocap set.
One might think iphones could do that but from what i've red they're only capable of tracking their rotation not exactly their position.
Another solution would be to use brekel and motionbuilder and track the hands of a character that would carry a camera but I guess it wouldn't be very precise.
If anyone has a previous experience in that field please share.
Thanks
Kinect as a virtual camera ?
-
tarkovsky
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 18:02
Re: Kinect as a virtual camera ?
Would be super cool. Obviuos disadvantage is the possible working area limitations.
In slightly the same ballbark, I am these days looking into building a motion controlled rig.
I can see that some people use maya or blender to plot the camera motion. But that the
other way around
t
In slightly the same ballbark, I am these days looking into building a motion controlled rig.
I can see that some people use maya or blender to plot the camera motion. But that the
other way around
t