So the VES winners have been announced ... and for the second year in a row, the wizards at TheMill managed to win three awards for commercials, using our beloved Softimage. Watch and learn Autodesk ... watch and learn!
Outstanding Visual Effects in a Commercial
SSE; Maya
Neil Davies, Alex Hammond, Jorge Montiel, Beth Vander
Outstanding Compositing in a in a Photoreal/Live Action Commercial
SSE
Neil Davies, Leonardo Costa, Gianluca DiMarco
Outstanding Performance of an Animated Character in a Commercial, Broadcast Program, or Video Game
SSE; Maya
Jorge Montiel, Alex Hammond, Daniel Kmet, Philippe Moine
Thanks for posting the new behind-the-scenes! Every time I see these it makes me want to keep plugging away with Softimage. Definitely one of the best vfx work I have seen.
I would also like to know if the students at Filmakademie used Softimage in their pipeline as well. They credit MICHAEL HEBERLEIN, ERIC MOOTZ, HEIKO SCHNECK and HOLGER SCHOENBERGER for plugins which make me think that Soft was used for the procedural parts.
Outstanding Visual Effects in a Student Project: Wrapped
Roman Kaelin, Falko Paeper, Florian Wittmann, Paolo Tamburrino
Congratulation to all for the VES Award!
P.S. They also won Best Student Project at Siggraph 2014, a testament to the quality of the work.
Daniel Brassard wrote:I would also like to know if the students at Filmakademie used Softimage in their pipeline as well. They credit MICHAEL HEBERLEIN, ERIC MOOTZ, HEIKO SCHNECK and HOLGER SCHOENBERGER for plugins which make me think that Soft was used for the procedural parts.
Outstanding Visual Effects in a Student Project: Wrapped
Roman Kaelin, Falko Paeper, Florian Wittmann, Paolo Tamburrino
Congratulation to all for the VES Award!
P.S. They also won Best Student Project at Siggraph 2014, a testament to the quality of the work.
Thanks for adding, I didn't see that. That is some great work as well! Yes, congrats to all the VES winners and nominees.
Wrapped
Nature
Rat
softimage
xsi
ICE
Filmakademie
cg
animation
Roman Kaelin
Falko Paeper
Florian Wittmann
So I'm guessing you are correct, there's a lot of Softimage mention. This amazing works makes me rethink and came back to study Softimage, even though I know I won't use it for work. Amazing!
Great research guys ;) - you're right, we used xsi for creating "Wrapped" and we could have NEVER EVER done it without xsi/ICE (at least not as convenient and straightforward) - actually we try to mention that as much as possible because we're just so sad that Autodesk retired it! (not that it would help anything )
Very refined shading and very refined pretty much everything, down to the subtle leaf fluttering.
Very impressive work!
Flo W wrote:we could have NEVER EVER done it without xsi/ICE (at least not as convenient and straightforward) - actually we try to mention that as much as possible because we're just so sad that Autodesk retired it! (not that it would help anything )
Oh! I don't think that it would not help anything ;)
Flo W wrote:Great research guys ;) - you're right, we used xsi for creating "Wrapped" and we could have NEVER EVER done it without xsi/ICE (at least not as convenient and straightforward) - actually we try to mention that as much as possible because we're just so sad that Autodesk retired it! (not that it would help anything )
At least is shows the work how stupid Autodesk really is. In any case, congrats to all the team. Impressive work you guys done!