seems easier to do it there than convert using softimages system
3DMax/Maya
-
Shredder565
- Posts: 1107
- Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04
3DMax/Maya
It's been a while since I used max, but I need parts made to exact inches in measurement...does their system measure things in inches or millimeters, unlike softimage?
seems easier to do it there than convert using softimages system
.
seems easier to do it there than convert using softimages system
-
FXDude
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59
Re: 3DMax/Maya
Yes 3DS does,
Yet Softimage Units can be whatever you want them to be.
But I can see how you might find inches cumbersome having to convert fractions to decimals if say 1 unit =1 inch
Yet Softimage Units can be whatever you want them to be.
But I can see how you might find inches cumbersome having to convert fractions to decimals if say 1 unit =1 inch
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: 3DMax/Maya
Both applications can change their default units, e.g. cm to inches or vv.
But who is silly enough to still use inches on this planet... Oh wait... the US... ;-P
But who is silly enough to still use inches on this planet... Oh wait... the US... ;-P
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
Shredder565
- Posts: 1107
- Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04
Re: 3DMax/Maya
Works for me ;o)..
besides, 26 Degrees Celsius doesn't bring out the warm summer feel like 80 degrees Fahrenheit ;o)
besides, 26 Degrees Celsius doesn't bring out the warm summer feel like 80 degrees Fahrenheit ;o)
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: 3DMax/Maya
haha... I wish we got that at least for a couple of days during summer ;-)
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Re: 3DMax/Maya
I think you don't have to look as far: in UK, even though officially the metric system is used, the imperial system is still widely used by the public. If wikipedia lies, I lie too.Rork wrote:But who is silly enough to still use inches on this planet... Oh wait... the US... ;-P
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides