Comments on work in progress
-
Grubber
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Post
by Grubber » 08 Dec 2014, 14:27
Hey,
Actually, it is not so lowpoly

around 30k triangles. I did not really care about the poly count, as the main purpose is to practice texturing.
It is very much inspired by
http://fav.me/d6t573w.
This is the model with normal and ao maps applied.
Any comments?
Thanks in advance.
-
FXDude
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59
Post
by FXDude » 08 Dec 2014, 22:34
Was going to say how not low-poly it was looking
You could have titled it '
Optimized poly-count bust' lol
Very intricate and very cool!
-
Draise
- Posts: 894
- Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
- Skype: ondraise
- Location: Colombia
Post
by Draise » 09 Dec 2014, 00:20
I suck at my poly counts, I think you did just fine! love the hardsurface modeling - great work.
-
Grubber
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Post
by Grubber » 14 Dec 2014, 13:29
Thanks guys for kind words.
I started working on diffuse map:

And here is wireframe if anyone interested:

-
FXDude
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59
Post
by FXDude » 14 Dec 2014, 21:33
Nice! and great to see with wireframe! where we can see what you meant by low poly,
while again not looking low poly, perhaps partly because of the normal map details?
Pretty Cool!
-
Shredder565
- Posts: 1107
- Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04
Post
by Shredder565 » 15 Dec 2014, 03:44
Grubber wrote:Hey,
Actually, it is not so lowpoly

around 30k triangles. I did not really care about the poly count, as the main purpose is to practice texturing.
It is very much inspired by
http://fav.me/d6t573w.
This is the model with normal and ao maps applied.
Any comments?
Thanks in advance.
that's low poly? Looks pretty damned detail to me ;o)..
-
Grubber
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Post
by Grubber » 17 Dec 2014, 21:11
Thanks guys!
I started to scratch the surface

-
Grubber
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Post
by Grubber » 28 Dec 2014, 18:43
Well I am done with this:

I hope you like it

-
Draise
- Posts: 894
- Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
- Skype: ondraise
- Location: Colombia
Post
by Draise » 29 Dec 2014, 02:20
Looks great! Love the scuffing you did. Will you rig it and pose it?
-
Grubber
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Post
by Grubber » 29 Dec 2014, 17:20
Draise wrote:Looks great! Love the scuffing you did. Will you rig it and pose it?
Thanks dude. I will not rig or pose it as the main purpose was to learn more about texturing.
-
FXDude
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59
Post
by FXDude » 29 Dec 2014, 18:52
Pretty, and Pretty Coool!!
