Hi!
I'm using a material with Texture_Array_Switch, it includes around 80 images and check ID for the Attribute. So, in the emitting particle ICE tree the first 80 odd particles display the images (using Set Instance Geometry) but every one after that is of course emitting with the default texture.
How should I go about wrapping the textures around again or, wrapping out-of-range? I'm presuming going by ID is the wrong way about it?
Wrap Texture switch around rather than use Default
-
ionside
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 22 Dec 2011, 05:13
- Location: Australia
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: Wrap Texture switch around rather than use Default
Hi! Probably the simples way is to use integer_attribute for the ID------->integer_to_scalar-------->input #1 of a scalar_basic node (operator="remainder", input 2=your particle count)--------->scalar_to_integer------>texture_array_lookup
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
ionside
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 22 Dec 2011, 05:13
- Location: Australia
Re: Wrap Texture switch around rather than use Default
Interesting, I think I understand. I'll give it a shot tomorrow, Thanks!
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: Wrap Texture switch around rather than use Default
I still have so much left to learn in render tree..
I think my approach would have yielded same results, but with more ice, less rt. particle id -> modulo (by the number of textures) -> set data, and then use that variable in the rendertree.
I think my approach would have yielded same results, but with more ice, less rt. particle id -> modulo (by the number of textures) -> set data, and then use that variable in the rendertree.
-
ionside
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 22 Dec 2011, 05:13
- Location: Australia
Re: Wrap Texture switch around rather than use Default
rray - That worked a treat, thank you! I didn't realize it would be so simple to hook up within the render tree... I didn't know there was a mod op within the scalar basic node!
dwigfor - Yes I'm pretty limited with render node knowledge. For some reason in didn't occur to me to use mod in either instance but it makes perfect sense. Thank you!
Sorted!
dwigfor - Yes I'm pretty limited with render node knowledge. For some reason in didn't occur to me to use mod in either instance but it makes perfect sense. Thank you!
Sorted!