Hair (fur) Issue (Ibex updated ) !
-
sheerkohf
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 17 Jun 2013, 04:37
Hair (fur) Issue (Ibex updated ) !
Hi Friends ! I have some issues with SI hair ! The render seems strange !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
FXDude
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59
Re: Hair (fur) Issue (Ibex updated ) !
Is this your first or one of your first tries?
In which case I would simply say - try harder ;)
In which case I would simply say - try harder ;)
-
sheerkohf
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 17 Jun 2013, 04:37
Re: Hair (fur) Issue (Ibex updated ) !
Thanks Friend ! I shall keep trying ! I hope to get back soon with better hair (fur) !
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Hair (fur) Issue (Ibex updated ) !
If you put it like that, this doesn't necessarily sound very nice.FXDude wrote:Is this your first or one of your first tries?
In which case I would simply say - try harder ;)
@sheerkohf - From that one image it is very hard (for me) to figure out what you were trying to achieve.
Thus it is very hard to figure out what can/should be improved upon. I guess a bit more information is wanted...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
sheerkohf
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 17 Jun 2013, 04:37
Re: Hair (fur) Issue (Ibex updated ) !
Thanks Hirazi Sir ! I was actually trying to get some realism into the creature by getting some nice hair (fur) on the body !
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Hair (fur) Issue (Ibex updated ) !
Well, it isn't that easy, as you have found out yourself as well...
Getting fur in all the right places isn't the problem, getting it to look just right can be a pain.
Could you show us more of your settings and general setup (screenshots, not rendered images)?
Getting fur in all the right places isn't the problem, getting it to look just right can be a pain.
Could you show us more of your settings and general setup (screenshots, not rendered images)?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
FXDude
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59
Re: Hair (fur) Issue (Ibex updated ) !
Hi Sorry, but if I suggested "try harder" *if it was a first try* , it's that we can't really say anything useful or specific on very-very early WIP's, other than something like it needing more time spent on it.
And I suspected it being an early WIP as we saw the untextured version just very recently.
But I agree that I might have said what I just said, instead of something simplistic (even with a strategically placed smiley)
And I think he understood (and didn't take it the wrong way :] )
And I suspected it being an early WIP as we saw the untextured version just very recently.
But I agree that I might have said what I just said, instead of something simplistic (even with a strategically placed smiley)
And I think he understood (and didn't take it the wrong way :] )
-
sheerkohf
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 17 Jun 2013, 04:37
Re: Hair (fur) Issue (Ibex updated ) !
Here are the two screenshots for the general and the effects tab for Hair !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
FXDude
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59
Re: Hair (fur) Issue (Ibex updated ) !
Perhaps starting by making them a bit longer and denser so we can see a bit more of it in the render?
And it would make it easier to see what can be changed to make it better,
otherwise it's a good start.
You might also want to take a look at Pooby's fuzz!
And it would make it easier to see what can be changed to make it better,
otherwise it's a good start.
You might also want to take a look at Pooby's fuzz!
-
FXDude
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59
Re: Hair (fur) Issue (Ibex updated ) !
Pooby's Fuzz Which can be found on RRay, or here; https://vimeo.com/80382153
Good Luck, and do let us see results!
Cheers,
Good Luck, and do let us see results!
Cheers,
-
Superpositivo
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 18 Feb 2013, 13:48
Re: Hair (fur) Issue (Ibex updated ) !
Hi.
The first thing I suggest is to grow the hair with a texture colors. It helps (and I'd say it's quite necessary most of the times) in giving more differentiation on the hair.
- Apply hair and give an initial comb.
- Apply a texture map on your model (> Property > Textur Map > assign the UV already created on the model.
- In the Hair Module go on "Transfer Map". It will prompt you to pick the texture map just assigned. Open the Explorer, expand your model and select TEXTURE MAP.
- Now, in the hair shader assign the texture you prefer (usually the one you used for the skin, but it's not a dogma at all). Having hair color with the same color of the texture pattern makes it more natural, but you can use a texture for the hair completely different from the skin.
This will already make something to your hair and appearance.
After that, I see that you didn't use any density or cut map. They are quite vital. Because they can regulate densitity and scale of your hair in parts where they are needed shorter and fewer (I didn't use them in this example).
The first thing I suggest is to grow the hair with a texture colors. It helps (and I'd say it's quite necessary most of the times) in giving more differentiation on the hair.
- Apply hair and give an initial comb.
- Apply a texture map on your model (> Property > Textur Map > assign the UV already created on the model.
- In the Hair Module go on "Transfer Map". It will prompt you to pick the texture map just assigned. Open the Explorer, expand your model and select TEXTURE MAP.
- Now, in the hair shader assign the texture you prefer (usually the one you used for the skin, but it's not a dogma at all). Having hair color with the same color of the texture pattern makes it more natural, but you can use a texture for the hair completely different from the skin.
This will already make something to your hair and appearance.
After that, I see that you didn't use any density or cut map. They are quite vital. Because they can regulate densitity and scale of your hair in parts where they are needed shorter and fewer (I didn't use them in this example).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Superpositivo
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 18 Feb 2013, 13:48
Re: Hair (fur) Issue (Ibex updated ) !
Of course the render engine counts a lot.
I wanted, about a year ago, to replicate Ted, more or less, and I had the chance to try Arnold. Actually I didn't have to do anything. Just Hair Shader, and that's it (I mean, I'm not an Arnold expert).
It was just a test and it's not the best Ted you can see, but it worked soon in Arnold, where with M.R. was trickier and slower (1 million of hairs).
All the rest is just Softimage and Hair.
I wanted, about a year ago, to replicate Ted, more or less, and I had the chance to try Arnold. Actually I didn't have to do anything. Just Hair Shader, and that's it (I mean, I'm not an Arnold expert).
It was just a test and it's not the best Ted you can see, but it worked soon in Arnold, where with M.R. was trickier and slower (1 million of hairs).
All the rest is just Softimage and Hair.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
FXDude
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59
Re: Hair (fur) Issue (Ibex updated ) !
That's neat superpositivo!
And thanks for those also neat hair startoff suggestions!
And thanks for those also neat hair startoff suggestions!
-
sheerkohf
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 17 Jun 2013, 04:37
Re: Hair (fur) Issue (Ibex updated ) !
Thanks Pal ! Thanks for the help ! I shall try the new fur system and get back soon !
-
sheerkohf
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 17 Jun 2013, 04:37
Re: Hair (fur) Issue (Ibex updated ) !
Thanks Superpositivo Sir ! That was GREAT EXTENSIVE HELP ! I shall try the methods you mentioned !
-
sheerkohf
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 17 Jun 2013, 04:37
Re: Hair (fur) Issue (Ibex updated ) !
Here is another try !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.