math function

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
imding
Posts: 15
Joined: 24 Jun 2009, 22:21

math function

Post by imding » 19 Nov 2014, 00:18

hi peeps, how can i make an array of values that contains the incremental sum of another array?

for example, say i have an array [1, 2, 3, 4, 5], how can i build an array at run-time that looks like this [1, 3, 6, 10, 15]?

many thanks :)

User avatar
rray
Moderator
Posts: 1810
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
Location: Bonn, Germany

Re: math function

Post by rray » 19 Nov 2014, 00:30

Hi-
this is not supported by ICE.
I wrote an addon for this and similar cases: see here (For your case see example 4)
There's also a link in this thread which shows an addon-less method (but only works in object context)
-rr
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026

User avatar
FXDude
Posts: 1145
Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59

Re: math function

Post by FXDude » 19 Nov 2014, 02:43

Lol! it was like "man I wish I had a screwdriver right now" ... "oh! here you go!" =)

imding
Posts: 15
Joined: 24 Jun 2009, 22:21

Re: math function

Post by imding » 19 Nov 2014, 08:26

rray wrote:Hi-
this is not supported by ICE.
I wrote an addon for this and similar cases: see here (For your case see example 4)
There's also a link in this thread which shows an addon-less method (but only works in object context)
-rr
man you're awesome!! thanks.