Hello,
I'm experiencing an issue when attempting to select and perform operations on object components: faces, edges, vertex.
Even if I see 5 edges or faces selected, it will only register and list that I have another number, like 3. All operations, even a simple translate, won't work on the visual selection. This didn't used to happen. Selection mode is odd and unpredictable.
I'm using SI 2013. WIndows Vista 64 bit. NVidia Quadro 2000D.
I've updated drivers, changed various display settings (like turning off Aero) but nothing helps.
Any insight is appreciated since this issue is a show stopper.
Thank you in advance!
Coponent selection problem
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: Coponent selection problem
That's an annoying bug that appeared in XSI 2013 and was fixed in XSI 2014 (not sure maybe a 2013 service pack already fixed it)
I think it could be worked around by switching to object selection mode and then coming back to component selection mode. I had these on hotkeys anyway so it could be done quickly. Really annoying if not, it also happened when scripting, for rcTools I modified the funcion that gets the component selection to first swithch modes back and forth. Maybe the same thing could be put in a onSelectionChanged handler.
I think it could be worked around by switching to object selection mode and then coming back to component selection mode. I had these on hotkeys anyway so it could be done quickly. Really annoying if not, it also happened when scripting, for rcTools I modified the funcion that gets the component selection to first swithch modes back and forth. Maybe the same thing could be put in a onSelectionChanged handler.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
kbrilliant
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 21 Sep 2013, 18:47
Re: Coponent selection problem
Thank you for confirming that it is a bug. 2013 SP1 still has it. Switching from object mode back to component mode does fix it, but seems like many more key presses than is practical.
I switched back to 2012, and the issue isn't present, so I guess I'll stick with that
Thanks again
I switched back to 2012, and the issue isn't present, so I guess I'll stick with that
Thanks again