I guys.
Case example:
- I have a Group of 10 objects, let's say they are text solid numbers "1, 2, 3 ,4 ,5 ,etc "
- A grid emitter of particles.
- The ICE tree has a "Set Instance Geometry" pointing to the Group of objects added to the emitter node to grab the objects from the Group and emits them one after the other.
1)I was figuring out a simple method (if there is a simple one) to not choose a random order, like adding the "Randomize Value by Range" node, but exactly in order, from 1 to 10.
2) Alternatively is there the possibility to have a random emission with no duplicates in the emission, saying to ICE to choose between the not yet emitted objects till the last last one?..
Thanks!
Emitting Istance order from group
-
pezetko
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 23:58
Re: Emitting Istance order from group
Use select from array for pulling exact one you wanted.
For non repeating particles use particle ID (that's unique for each particle ).
For non repeating particles use particle ID (that's unique for each particle ).
-
Superpositivo
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 18 Feb 2013, 13:48
Re: Emitting Istance order from group
Thank you for the quick answer!
Actually I already found a way to select the one I wanted, and "Select in Array" works but actually the emitter emits only the one selected.
I was wondering how to increment a value from 0 to 10, for example like each frame or each tot ...
Actually I already found a way to select the one I wanted, and "Select in Array" works but actually the emitter emits only the one selected.
I was wondering how to increment a value from 0 to 10, for example like each frame or each tot ...
-
Superpositivo
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 18 Feb 2013, 13:48
Re: Emitting Istance order from group
Ok, I found a kind of solution even if I'm not totally satisfied.
The node is "Get Num Particle".
It actually takes the value of the particles and put it in the Group Index of the Instance Geometry making the group incremement +1 every particle.
But I don't think is the good way, even if it does the job.
Is there the possibilility to increment like with variables do in example " N=N+1 " each frame or each a precise moment?.
The node is "Get Num Particle".
It actually takes the value of the particles and put it in the Group Index of the Instance Geometry making the group incremement +1 every particle.
But I don't think is the good way, even if it does the job.
Is there the possibilility to increment like with variables do in example " N=N+1 " each frame or each a precise moment?.
-
pezetko
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 23:58
Re: Emitting Istance order from group
Set number of particles to emit to 1 per frame.
Add Select from Array, plug in Frame, and Add + 2 nodes ( or whatever offset you need) and you will get one particle per frame with different instance per frame.
Or you can put Get (Point/Particle) ID for all range. Or you can shuffle that: create index (integer) array (build linear interpolated array), put random value, use that random value as look up into your index array and pop that out, so with every emit (random) that custom arrays shrink down (so you will not get repeating instances).
I don't have XSI in front of me so no scene example, sorry.
For additional info you can search on ex-xsi blog http://xsisupport.com/ many useful tips from former AD employee.
Add Select from Array, plug in Frame, and Add + 2 nodes ( or whatever offset you need) and you will get one particle per frame with different instance per frame.
Or you can put Get (Point/Particle) ID for all range. Or you can shuffle that: create index (integer) array (build linear interpolated array), put random value, use that random value as look up into your index array and pop that out, so with every emit (random) that custom arrays shrink down (so you will not get repeating instances).
I don't have XSI in front of me so no scene example, sorry.
For additional info you can search on ex-xsi blog http://xsisupport.com/ many useful tips from former AD employee.
-
Superpositivo
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 18 Feb 2013, 13:48
Re: Emitting Istance order from group
Thanks for your reply, I'll try to as you suggested.
I'm a long time Softimage user, so I know enough well all the people around and I already searched to Stephen Blair site, but ICE + Math + me, well... something have to get along, yet.
Thank you again. I'll let know some result.
I'm a long time Softimage user, so I know enough well all the people around and I already searched to Stephen Blair site, but ICE + Math + me, well... something have to get along, yet.
Thank you again. I'll let know some result.