Hello,
I have a .pts file of a building which I've converted to .bin using CloudCompare in the hopes of bringing into Softimage via emReader, but it doesn't seem to work. I'm guessing there may be some settings I need to apply in order for it to work correctly.
Would anyone have any experience in this? Are there any other formats I could export to to get into Softimage, whether it through Maya, Max, MeshLab, CloudCompare, what have you?
There's so many point cloud formats out there but it's difficult to find a pipeline to get into Softimage.
Using emReader to read lidar scan point clouds
-
ionside
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 22 Dec 2011, 05:13
- Location: Australia
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Using emReader to read lidar scan point clouds
Maybe the version of emReader is the issue?
I don't know well emReader so i post an eventual alternative if you can convert your .pts data into ASCII file:
https://www.si-community.com/forum/v ... loud+point
I don't know well emReader so i post an eventual alternative if you can convert your .pts data into ASCII file:
https://www.si-community.com/forum/v ... loud+point
-
ionside
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 22 Dec 2011, 05:13
- Location: Australia
Re: Using emReader to read lidar scan point clouds
Hey thanks for the response, Bullit. Yeah perhaps I should contact Eric RE the emReader.
I'll check out that ASCII post for now though! Thank you for that. Looks promising.
I'll check out that ASCII post for now though! Thank you for that. Looks promising.
-
ionside
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 22 Dec 2011, 05:13
- Location: Australia
Re: Using emReader to read lidar scan point clouds
So Eric got back to me, told me I was doing it all wrong. emReader is for geometry, not particles. I'm such a fool!