http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:R ... Notes/2.72
http://www.cgchannel.com/2014/09/try-ne ... est-build/
Some new stuff:
Blender 2.72
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Blender 2.72
Arrived here are the release notes:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:R ... Notes/2.72
Sneak peak
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:R ... Notes/2.72
Sneak peak
Blender Developer Sneak Peek Episode #15 - In this episode:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- GSOC Painting additions by Antony Riakiotakis 1:00
- Pie Menus 10:12
- Freestyle Rendering for Cycles 13:20
- Rewritten Array Modifier 16:37
- Dragging Masks with Handles 18:11
- New Drag Handles 19:40
- Intersect Tool 20:18
- HSL Color Ramps 21:26
- Sun Beams Node 22:40
- Cycles Reflective and Refractive Caustics 23:50
- Cycles experimental GPU Kernel 24:40
- Cycles Anamorphic Bokeh 25:16
What's it all about:
---------------------------
In this series I'll present at least once a week new and (hopefully) useful features for all of you outside the Blender 3D development universe... all those features are brandnew and will be available in the next official Blender version 2.72.
-
Mathaeus
- Posts: 1778
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Re: Blender 2.72
So, if I'm correct, nothing of expected Open SubDiv implementation, yet.... I think I'll skip this version. Anyway, it seems the best news are coming from community, this time:Motion Tool mograph addon for Blender. Very very promising, at least.
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Blender 2.72
Yeah not OpenSubD - i must say i am not much convinced by it.
-
NNois
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:33
Re: Blender 2.72
outch, thank you very much for the link Mathaeus.Mathaeus wrote:So, if I'm correct, nothing of expected Open SubDiv implementation, yet.... I think I'll skip this version. Anyway, it seems the best news are coming from community, this time:Motion Tool mograph addon for Blender. Very very promising, at least.
I'm doing a lot of motion design stuff in softimage, so from the years i've devllopped a bunch of counpound to animate things without any keyframes. Animating proceduraly islands, clusters, i was happy with it until now!
So I see this framework, just like mine but with a 200% better workflow. this is great, very great !
I was thinking about rebuilding mine on Houdini but if blender already has it, i just don't know where to put my head now. Any though about blender in production, ranging from motuion graphics projets to VFX heavy ones ?
-
Draise
- Posts: 894
- Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
- Skype: ondraise
- Location: Colombia
Re: Blender 2.72
I like this release, I have used another pie menu addon before, glad to have it integrated - the textuer painting looks much better too.
Anyway, in the email list, I commented if ICE could do motion tools, and well I suppose it can. You said you have built your own compounds, but then they linked me to Mtools for ICE. Looked also good.
I dunno where you'd go, but eitherway, it all looks good and fun for later.
Anyway, in the email list, I commented if ICE could do motion tools, and well I suppose it can. You said you have built your own compounds, but then they linked me to Mtools for ICE. Looked also good.
I dunno where you'd go, but eitherway, it all looks good and fun for later.