Hello...
I was wondering what the difference between texture map and texture projection.
The reason I ask is I don't know when its appropriate to use either one for a specific reason. Usually I just apply a material and the use render tree to create the map automatically when I use a texture like fractal or whatever...
I just want to know what I doing when Im doing it. that's all...
thanks for the time
texture projection vs a texture map
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: texture projection vs a texture map
Had to look it up first...
A texture_projection is the UVs themselves, which often have an operator attached that generates them --- that operator in turn can have a texture_support object as an input that serves as a UI widget for controlling the operator (projection direction scale etc...).
A texture_map is a texture_projection plus an attached image that you can use to drive some parameters like push height in the push operator. Only parameters that are 'per point' can be driven by a texture_map. With local subdivsion+push operator you can create a displacement map preview like that.
A texture_projection is the UVs themselves, which often have an operator attached that generates them --- that operator in turn can have a texture_support object as an input that serves as a UI widget for controlling the operator (projection direction scale etc...).
A texture_map is a texture_projection plus an attached image that you can use to drive some parameters like push height in the push operator. Only parameters that are 'per point' can be driven by a texture_map. With local subdivsion+push operator you can create a displacement map preview like that.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
thorsnuts
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 17:42
Re: texture projection vs a texture map
ahhh.. I looked it up also but didn't understand it.
thanks ray ray
thanks ray ray