HDRI Light Studio for Softimage
-
BenR
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 11 Jun 2009, 18:52
HDRI Light Studio for Softimage
I am happy to share this addon for using HDRI Light Studio with Softimage. It allows interactive creation and adjustment of HDRI's from within Softimage. I really enjoy using it for lighting.
For obvious reasons the makers of HDRI Light Studio did not feel they could support a Softimage plugin. I am releasing this addon as "donationware" and if you think it is helpful, donations are sincerely appreciated.
It is available for Windows 64bit only. I have tested only with SI 2014 sp2 and SI 2015. I mostly use it with Redshift 3D progressive mode. It should also work with Mental Ray and Arnold. It does not work with 3Delight. I have not tested with V-Ray yet but probably will try it when I get V-Ray 3.0.
For obvious reasons the makers of HDRI Light Studio did not feel they could support a Softimage plugin. I am releasing this addon as "donationware" and if you think it is helpful, donations are sincerely appreciated.
It is available for Windows 64bit only. I have tested only with SI 2014 sp2 and SI 2015. I mostly use it with Redshift 3D progressive mode. It should also work with Mental Ray and Arnold. It does not work with 3Delight. I have not tested with V-Ray yet but probably will try it when I get V-Ray 3.0.
Last edited by BenR on 11 Jan 2018, 14:38, edited 1 time in total.
-
talent103
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 14:47
- Location: New York City
-
ronaldomiranda
- Posts: 38
- Joined: 04 Mar 2013, 12:01
Re: HDRI Light Studio for Softimage
*
Thanx for the offer man!
*
Thanx for the offer man!
*
-
Draise
- Posts: 894
- Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
- Skype: ondraise
- Location: Colombia
Re: HDRI Light Studio for Softimage
Wow, this is a charm!
-
isxsi
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 16:40
- Location: Shanghai.China.
Re: HDRI Light Studio for Softimage
nice tool!!thank you!
-
xsi_fanatic
- Posts: 283
- Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 01:08
-
xeraphine
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 18:05
Re: HDRI Light Studio for Softimage
Hi BenR, have u planned to support HDR Light Studio 5? Thanks
-
BenR
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 11 Jun 2009, 18:52
Re: HDRI Light Studio for Softimage
Yes I do. Sorry I haven't had time to take care of it yet. Funny thing is it worked fine during most of the beta cycle. I'll get to it as soon as I can.xeraphine wrote:Hi BenR, have u planned to support HDR Light Studio 5? Thanks
Ben
-
BenR
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 11 Jun 2009, 18:52
Re: HDRI Light Studio for Softimage
I updated it. It should work with versions 4 and 5 now.
Ben
Ben
-
julius
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 08:56
Re: HDRI Light Studio for Softimage
thanks BenR,
very appreciated !
very appreciated !
-
xeraphine
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 18:05
Re: HDRI Light Studio for Softimage
Thanks a lot BenR.
-
xsi_fanatic
- Posts: 283
- Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 01:08
Re: HDRI Light Studio for Softimage
Can someone explain to me how this is a donationware when i still have to pay for the Software to HDRI Light Studio ? Am I missing something or did I misunderstand the point ?
-
BenR
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 11 Jun 2009, 18:52
Re: HDRI Light Studio for Softimage
xsi_fanatic:
Here is the story: Last year I was negotiating with Lightmap to write the live connection plugin for HDRLS and Softimage. Then Autodesk did what they did and Lightmap cancelled before I got started. I decided to go ahead and create the plugin anyway for my own use, with the approval of Lightmap. I decided to share it with the community, but it seemed fair to ask for donations from folks who found it useful.
Ben
Here is the story: Last year I was negotiating with Lightmap to write the live connection plugin for HDRLS and Softimage. Then Autodesk did what they did and Lightmap cancelled before I got started. I decided to go ahead and create the plugin anyway for my own use, with the approval of Lightmap. I decided to share it with the community, but it seemed fair to ask for donations from folks who found it useful.
Ben
-
xsi_fanatic
- Posts: 283
- Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 01:08
Re: HDRI Light Studio for Softimage
I also think it's only fair for you to ask for donations. But I was under the impression the plugin would work instantly. But it turns out I have to purchase the software from HDRLS. So technically the plugin is only useful to people who already own the HDRLS app.BenR wrote:xsi_fanatic:
Here is the story: Last year I was negotiating with Lightmap to write the live connection plugin for HDRLS and Softimage. Then Autodesk did what they did and Lightmap cancelled before I got started. I decided to go ahead and create the plugin anyway for my own use, with the approval of Lightmap. I decided to share it with the community, but it seemed fair to ask for donations from folks who found it useful.
Ben
-
Stoecklem
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 04:53
Re: HDRI Light Studio for Softimage
Hi
Thanks for making this, BenR. I can't get it working with version 5..HDRI studio isn't opening when I press start. I downloaded the backup on rray, which I think might just be the original version. Can anyone help me get the updated version that works with 5?
Thanks very much.
Mike
Thanks for making this, BenR. I can't get it working with version 5..HDRI studio isn't opening when I press start. I downloaded the backup on rray, which I think might just be the original version. Can anyone help me get the updated version that works with 5?
Thanks very much.
Mike