I'm experimenting with elastic and fluid like deformation (simulated).
It's not yet well documented, but I think it's easy to understand the nodes.
Feel free to make better versions and share here!
Usage: put flubber_initialise in the modeling stack, put flubber_simulation in a simulation stack of a mesh object, add deforming mesh to flubber_simulation.
Cheers, Wim
flubber
Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)
Flubber A nice wobbly effect for meshes — demo video . From the si-community thread:
I'm experimenting with elastic and fluid like deformation (simulated). It's not yet well documented, but I think it's easy to understand the nodes. Feel free to make better versions and share here!
Usage: put flubber_initialise in the modeling stack, put flubber_simulation in a simulation stack of a mesh object, add deforming mesh to flubber_simulation. Cheers, Wim
local backup: flubber_initialise.xsicompound flubber_simulation.xsicompound
I'm experimenting with elastic and fluid like deformation (simulated). It's not yet well documented, but I think it's easy to understand the nodes. Feel free to make better versions and share here!
Usage: put flubber_initialise in the modeling stack, put flubber_simulation in a simulation stack of a mesh object, add deforming mesh to flubber_simulation. Cheers, Wim
local backup: flubber_initialise.xsicompound flubber_simulation.xsicompound
-
forton
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
flubber
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
nuverian
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 29 Sep 2011, 21:25
- Location: Greece
Re: flubber
Looking super great jello!
Well done and thanks for sharing
Well done and thanks for sharing
Portfolio / Blog
http://www.nuverian.net
http://www.nuverian.net
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: flubber
Looks great, BUT is it also possible to have the flubber collide with the cube?
Cheers
Thomas
Cheers
Thomas
-
Draise
- Posts: 894
- Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
- Skype: ondraise
- Location: Colombia
Re: flubber
Wow, awesome!!!!!
-
forton
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
Re: flubber
Thanks!
For the moment it is not real collision, I look for the location, if the point is in a certain distance I get the velocity of that location and add it to the velocity of the point.
It shouldn't be to difficult to do real collision, just test if it's inside cube, then move to closest position on the cube each frame, the spring effect should do the rest.
I wanted an effect of something floating- cutting through the water, so I didn't realy wanted to push the points away.
It's a surprisingly simple icetree, like I said feel free to make new versions and post it here, if I have time I will make a clean version with some options.
Cheers, Wim
For the moment it is not real collision, I look for the location, if the point is in a certain distance I get the velocity of that location and add it to the velocity of the point.
It shouldn't be to difficult to do real collision, just test if it's inside cube, then move to closest position on the cube each frame, the spring effect should do the rest.
I wanted an effect of something floating- cutting through the water, so I didn't realy wanted to push the points away.
It's a surprisingly simple icetree, like I said feel free to make new versions and post it here, if I have time I will make a clean version with some options.
Cheers, Wim