Film gate setting

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
rray
Moderator
Posts: 1810
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
Location: Bonn, Germany

Film gate setting

Post by rray » 06 Sep 2014, 21:17

Hey all

I've lost the setting/preference that makes the outside area of the film gate half transparent.. I have it fully opaque right now I feel my field of vision is impaired :~~
Did anyone see it? ~o)

-ray
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Film gate setting

Post by Hirazi Blue » 06 Sep 2014, 21:26

Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
rray
Moderator
Posts: 1810
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
Location: Bonn, Germany

Re: Film gate setting

Post by rray » 06 Sep 2014, 23:01

I can set the color of the outside area there (Viewport color) but sadly not the transparency. It looks like the Viewport color's alpha should do just that job but it doesn't work - maybe I have to update my graphic cards drivers.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026

luceric
Posts: 1252
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08

Re: Film gate setting

Post by luceric » 07 Sep 2014, 02:26

you also need to have Clip Drawing to Camera Film Gate
turned off in the Display user preference.

User avatar
rray
Moderator
Posts: 1810
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
Location: Bonn, Germany

Re: Film gate setting

Post by rray » 07 Sep 2014, 11:56

Cheers - that was it. Thanks guys

-ray
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026