Autodesk Pixrl - now for desktop

News concerning 3D DCC business
Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Autodesk Pixrl - now for desktop

Post by Bullit » 06 Sep 2014, 15:04

Image editor

https://pixlr.com/desktop

Freeware version and paid Pro (renting only). From the look of it do not expect to get much upgrades in freeware.

User avatar
Draise
Posts: 894
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
Skype: ondraise
Location: Colombia

Re: Autodesk Pixrl - now for desktop

Post by Draise » 07 Sep 2014, 21:51

I use this.. on my phone.

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: Autodesk Pixrl - now for desktop

Post by Bullit » 08 Sep 2014, 00:26

What feedback can you tell?

User avatar
Draise
Posts: 894
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
Skype: ondraise
Location: Colombia

Re: Autodesk Pixrl - now for desktop

Post by Draise » 13 Sep 2014, 21:13

Well on the phone it's a lot of fun. Not the best definition as it dumbs it down to process everything, but the results, filters, and basic tweaks work like a charm. My only downside is it doesn't have much drawing features to work with, let alone pressure sensitive ones or vector based. But that is the phone app (android).

The windows app is bloody fast, processes quickly, and works alright. You can tell they definately want you to have a membership........

It is very much like Fotor for Windows8, except with a bit more control over some features. I still prefer the interface for Fotor as it's only 2 levels deep. I can find this system being up to 3 nearly 4 levels deep with options. You have to download filters from the get go, valid enough. The stylizer isn't the coolest, but has some nifty filters. The mouse menu at the top (not just touch like controls) is an added plus, but I can see it working for touch interfaces much better - like the original pixlr app on android.

Still no app that does batch filtering, only PhotoEditor for Android I've found, or Faststone. I haven't looked deep into it yet though.

So yah, fun little gimik. I would like a batch processing app that has similar quick and easy image fixes though... the speed it processes images and tweaks is certainly refreshing compaired to node based or layer based tweaks of heavier software like Gimp or Photoshop, or even Krita. This loads quickly, and does the tweaks quickly enough without getting too far complicated in features and interface...

The Sculptris to Zbrush like comparison.

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: Autodesk Pixrl - now for desktop

Post by Bullit » 14 Sep 2014, 07:36

Thanks :)